You Beautiful Thing

It has been said of the unseen army of the dead, on their everlasting march, that when they are passing a rural cricket ground, the Englishmen fall out of the ranks for a moment to lean over a gate and smile

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Yeh Hai Cricket

Cricket is a complex sport, so say some. It has been quoted in encyclopedias that it is the most complicated game in the world due to the fact that there are so many variable playing conditions that can affect the game.

I feel its a beautiful game. It is a game about an honest bat meeting a hardworking ball. Among all sports none can bring about the character and the spirit of humans in as exemplery a fashion as does cricket.

I am in love with it, and this blog is my way of showing that love.

Let me say that I am poor at its technical aspects, flawed in its analysis, short on its facts and dark on its statistics. So this blog is not that of a guru. Its about an eccentric who romances a game he watches on the tube.

1 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger Kelvin said...

Kia Ora (Hello) from a blogger down under in New Zealand. i was passing thru and saw that you are new so I thought I would say hello to you. godd luck on your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home